Friend fell this Fir for some free firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumber-Jack

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2008
Beautiful British Columbia
Here's the video.

It rendered about 1 cord of ready to burn stuff and .5 cord of stuff that will half to wait till next year.

never seen anyone fell a tree with an Angle like that.

smokinjay said:
I have when I first started using a saw and it was on a much smaller tree. Thought that was the right way back then.

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
smokinjay said:
I have when I first started using a saw and it was on a much smaller tree. Thought that was the right way back then.

Shipper

looks like the drive will be closed til futher notice!

Before I played the video I thought this was a lark and he was going to fell that little tree on the left. You could have used a couple more "F" words in the title.

Shipper50 said:
smokinjay said:

Shipper
Yeah, Yeah, I know, you ain't a pro unless you use a horizontal back cut. Yada Yada Yada
Criticizing remarks like that are cheap and pious.
Get your butts out there and make your own video and post it, show us how to do it. Until then :zip:
;-)

Carbon_Liberator said:
Shipper50 said:
smokinjay said:

Shipper
Yeah, Yeah, I know, you ain't a pro unless you use a horizontal back cut. Yada Yada Yada
Get your butts out there and make your own video and post it, show us how to do it. Until then :zip:
;-)
how many you want to see, thats not Criticzing if someone gets killed with that dumb cut..........

smokinjay said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
Shipper50 said:
smokinjay said:

Shipper
;-)
how many you want to see, thats not Criticzing if someone gets killed with that dumb cut..........
I wasn't the one who made the cut in that video, however I almost lost my foot one time when a hinge broke while driving a wedge and the tree jumped back and planted itself beside my foot with virtually no reaction time whatsoever. A little bit of angle to my back cut would (and will) prevent that from happening. Sure, too much angle creates other problems, but a little angle solves that one, so I'll be sticking with that method, but I won't get all pious about it.

Oh, and I only want to see one video you have made yourself, not one you find on the net somewhere. That will earn you the right to make further comments in my thread.
Till then :cheese:

smokinjay said:
there you go hot rod but I am the one on the saw not camra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzHr5n8QvUk

LOL Dang the little whippersnapper got got me!
Guess you can go ahead and share your views, but looking closely at that video it almost looks like I detect a slight bit of angle in that back cut? ;-)

Carbon_Liberator said:
smokinjay said:
there you go hot rod but I am the one on the saw not camra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzHr5n8QvUk

LOL Dang the little whippersnapper got got me!
Guess you can go ahead and share your views, but looking closely at that video it almost looks like I detect a slight bit of angle in that back cut? ;-)

lol darn sure isnt a 45 either, and about as level as I can do with a 28in. bar on a 48in tree.

Cool, I liked it. Tree got cut, tree fell down, it worked ok as far as I could tell! Thanks for posting, I always enjoy watching people's videos and looking at their pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.