Friend's new 30 acres, my new saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardWoodW

Hearth Supporter
Oct 9, 2009
Indiana
Well my friend just got 30 wooded acres, so like any good friend I went and bought myself a new Stihl MS 290 along with some chaps and a helmet to help him clean it up a bit- the guy that owned it before him left several piles of logs around- some of it's punky but a lot is oak and definitely good enough to burn. In exchange for my efforts he's gonna let me take whatever wood I need- plus he let me fire off his AR-15 while we were taking a break from sawing- does it get any better than that? I know I know without pics it didn't happen- I'll snap some next time I'm out there- I was too excited to remember the camera.

Nothing is better than some target practice when taking a break. Remember to bring a fresh box of .223 for your friend next time you see him. Anything except .22LR seems to be getting expensive. LR is getting pricey also.

Matt

A box? A box? I take 5 for plinking and 30 for a days worth!!! Get a 500 count wold delivered and have at er! You can take the trees down with the ar or the farm boss, I am not sure which is more fun! :lol:

burntime said:
A box? A box? I take 5 for plinking and 30 for a days worth!!! Get a 500 count wold delivered and have at er! You can take the trees down with the ar or the farm boss, I am not sure which is more fun! :lol:

now that's a great idea- but actually what I had in mind was finding some rounds for his AR 50!

Now that is too rich for me... I do have the .50 cal beowulf though. Thats a lot of fun breaking concrete block!

Just remember which tree you pumped all those rounds into. Hate to find them with your shiny new saw.

HardWoodW, it sounds like you have a really good friend.

yeah he's a great friend and being out there reminds me that I live in a great country and thanks to all of you who keep it free so I can run around out there with chain saws and guns having a blast!

At .50 a round .223 gets pricey after a couple mags. That being said.... Im soooo jealous. My AR need 30 acres to play in.

Jamess67 said:
At .50 a round .223 gets pricey after a couple mags.

That's WAY high. You're not buying in enough quantity. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.