friend's scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elijah

Oct 14, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
A buddy came over yesterday so that we could change a motor mount out in his Chevrolet Venture. The job took a few hours but all in all it wasn't bad. He happened to have the two benches removed to do some cleaning in it. He mentioned he had run out of wood a couple weeks ago and had been using the furnace. We laid a tarp down and filled up the minivan with seasoned, split chinese elm, poplar and willow that I have. We got close to a 1/3 of a cord in there! Pics for a good laugh. Just a little bit of self imposed 'redistribution of wealth'. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpg
    IMG_4044.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4046.jpg
    IMG_4046.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 246
LOL You got love it!

elijah said:
A buddy came over yesterday so that we could change a motor mount out in his Chevrolet Venture. The job took a few hours but all in all it wasn't bad. He happened to have the two benches removed to do some cleaning in it. He mentioned he had run out of wood a couple weeks ago and had been using the furnace. We laid a tarp down and filled up the minivan with seasoned, split chinese elm, poplar and willow that I have. We got close to a 1/3 of a cord in there! Pics for a good laugh. Just a little bit of self imposed 'redistribution of wealth'. :)

Very nice of you.

Zap

We had two Olds silhouettes (same basic van) and between them both put 300K miles on em. Not quite a Honda but easy to work on and they were cheap.
Got decent mileage, unlike their replacement (03 Suburban 4x4). Minivan stigma finally got to my wife, that and she ran over a huge rock and ripped off
the moulding of the last van

Reminds me of the time when, on the way home from a wedding reception I saw a big pile of lathe someone had put out for trash pickup. So there I was in suit and tie, picking up lathe and putting it in the van. Got a big stash of it so had some excellent kindling that we used for a long, long time. Wish I could run across some more of that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.