frist real work out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
stove is going to get its frist work out of the heating season tomorrow. temps in the low to mid teens fo a high. been spoiled so far with some what warm temps.

Mine is getting its first workout today. Its 23 here now. Bad thing is it was in the 40s the past couple days so I have half a hopper of not-so-good pellets (my last bag of Wood Fibers, Inc) getting burned now. Getting ready to dump in the somersets soon.

pelletash said:
...... I have half a hopper of not-so-good pellets (my last bag of Wood Fibers, Inc) getting burned now. Getting ready to dump in the somersets soon.

Dump another 1/2 hopper of the Sommersets in the hopper and mix them around to get a 50/50 mix....should make things more bearable until the hopper's empty.

Just brought a few bags of somersets in from the barn so I can do just what you suggested.

Note to self- pay better attention to the weather forecast when filling the hopper. :)

pelletash said:
.....Note to self- pay better attention to the weather forecast when filling the hopper. :)

Yep, I always try to be at least 1-2 days ahead of what's coming, temp wise, so I have plenty of time to burn up what's in the stove if a change is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.