Froling 'Boiler Air Leak ' Message

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frolingdual

Jul 27, 2015
Norfolk UK
Has anyone else experienced this, I did read it can be a false alarm and there is a setting to make less sensitive? I have a Froling SP dual which is a log or pellet boiler.

I get it occasionally, I just open the door and re latch it. The door latch may need adjustment as the gasket compresses.

Goes to show how tightly the better Euro manufacturers target their combustion process. That message is there to indicate you may have a draft issue stemming from a door gasket, chimney problem or some other draft issue.
It's a good thing.

Reactions: Chris Hoskin
I have a Froling 20 which was up and running at the end of January 2015. I had the same message and after a number door adjustments the messages continued for about every 1 of 2 burns. I contacted the boiler rep who provided the sequence which generates the message, it is as follows.

The Boiler has a timer “SAFETY time for checking for air leaks” this timer is initiated when the outer door is closed and the secondary air actuator is at 0% open and the flue gas temperature is over 100°C (212°F). If these conditions are true and the time expires the message is generated. The boiler is shipped with a value of 90 minutes.

At the end of the burn when the fire is going out, secondary air is not needed when there is a bed of coals and the flue temperature is over 100°C. A couple of ways to stop the message

1. If you open and close the outer door near the end of the burn you will reset the timer sequence

2. The easiest solution is to length the timer

I have a Froling 20 which was up and running at the end of January 2015. I had the same message and after a number door adjustments the messages continued for about every 1 of 2 burns. I contacted the boiler rep who provided the sequence which generates the message, it is as follows.

The Boiler has a timer “SAFETY time for checking for air leaks” this timer is initiated when the outer door is closed and the secondary air actuator is at 0% open and the flue gas temperature is over 100°C (212°F). If these conditions are true and the time expires the message is generated. The boiler is shipped with a value of 90 minutes.

At the end of the burn when the fire is going out, secondary air is not needed when there is a bed of coals and the flue temperature is over 100°C. A couple of ways to stop the message

1. If you open and close the outer door near the end of the burn you will reset the timer sequence

2. The easiest solution is to length the timer

Option #2.
I did it during the first season(4.5 yrs ago)

Scott

Turned on my boiler this week and have the following notes to guide you through the menus

Air Leak Timer Setting Adjustment

Change user level from CUSTOMER to SERVICE
    1. Go to the SYSTEM menu press Enter

2. Arrow down to the CURRENT USER LEVEL press Enter

3. Arrow down until “-7” press Enter, you should see SERVICE as the user level

4. Press the ESC (left button) button until you get back out to the SYSTEM menu
  1. Change the timer value
    1. at the SYSTEM menu press Enter, there are more menus now

2. Arrow down to SET press Enter

3. At AIR SETTINGS press Enter

4. Arrow down to “Safety time for checking for air leaks” it should read 90m

5. Press enter and use the up arrow key to increase the value, a value of 120 to 180 minutes would work. Then press enter to accept the value.

6. Use the ESC button to leave
You can change back the USER Level or wait and it will revert back to CUSTOMER after a period of time.

upload_2015-10-1_19-30-47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.