1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Froling Boilers in Wisconsin?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by goosegunner, Mar 18, 2013.

1. goosegunner

goosegunner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI
    All the recent talk about the Lambda controls and Froling boilers I would like to see one in action and talk to users.

Any Froling Boilers in WIsconsin?

gg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tmudd

tmudd Member

Loc:
    Central Missouri Ranch
    Not in Wisconson,
    But if any memebers ever want to view my Frohling, they are welcome to come to the Misssouri
    River Hills Ranch for a tour .My system revolves arount a Frohling 50 with insulated pressurized storage in super insulated out building with extended roof for dry wood storage. It is a dream come true for me. All of my knowlege on boilers was gleaned from this wonderful site.
    All the best,
    TLM
  3. Karl_northwind

Karl_northwind Member

Loc:
    Central Wi.
    the nearest one I know of is in northern MN, at Deep Portage nature Center. Jebatty can comment on it.
  4. Chris Hoskin

Chris Hoskin TarmSalesGuy

Loc:
    Lyme, NH
    our dealer Black Lake Services in Westboro, WI (Chuck Meyer (715) 965-2551) has put in a couple and I'm sure could arrange a visit if that is close to you. I would also recommend the Deep Portage job - not typical, but would be very cool to see.
  5. BillsWS

BillsWS Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    U.P. Michigan
    Goosegunner, Leo Dunlavy, Glidden WI 54527 sells Froling (4 year dealer) and has some installs out there. I just talked with him this morning. 715-468-2835 Very informative and seems like a nice guy to boot.
    Chris Hoskin likes this.
  6. jebatty

jebatty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MN
    If you can picture heating over 60,000 sq ft with wood gasification boilers + storage (Froling, Garn and Wood Gun) in a first class environmental learning center, and then add to the picture extensive solar voltaic arrays, evacuated tube solar hot water, flat panel solar hot air furnaces, a wind turbine, and conversion to near 100% LED lighting -- then a trip to Deep Portage will be a day you won't forget, and probably a day that will make you drool over wishing you had the same, likely on a smaller scale though!

Personalized tours are nearly always available, often led by me. Welcome. And if you wish, you could add to your visit my Tarm + storage operation in my shop which you probably would drive right by on your way to DP.
  7. Karl_northwind

Karl_northwind Member

Loc:
    Central Wi.
    I can vouch for Jim's tour of the Deep Portage wood heating systems. It is a great overview of the technology available.
    karl
  8. peakoil

peakoil New Member

Loc:
    Mason Wi.
    We have one in Mason Wisconsin that was put in by Chuck from Black Lake Services in Westboro, WI. We had it put in a couple years ago. If I were to put another one in I would only go with Chuck, you couldn't find a nicer guy to work with. You might not get much help from Tarm USA but Chuck will take care of you.
  9. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine

The only thing your missing there is Hydro power. No dam's generating power?