Froling Controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don Hayter

Feb 14, 2015
Penticton BC Canada
I recently installed a Froling FHG 40/50 with a US S3200 V2 controller.
I put a relay on the 230 volt pump feed so that I could run 115 volt circulators. My understanding is in the USA Tarm supplies this relay, in Canada my dealer said buy a 230 volt pump. I'm running 3 pumps that I already had so I installed a general purpose 230 V coil relay. The relay seems to work fine, it clicks the pumps on when the boiler reaches 65 degree C but it does not click off when the boiler goes to "OFF" mode or even below 65 degrees. Is this its normal operation? I do not have the storage tank sensors installed in the tank. I only have "Customer Level" access to the controller. If this is a setting in "Service Level" access, I would appreciate if anyone could give me the access code. I hope the controller doesn't have some VFD or something for the pump and that I have fried the controller.
I have an Eko 40 with a RK2001AT2 controller that I used before installing the Froling that gave me the option to turn off the circulator based on flue temperature and time. I am thinking the Froling could do the same with the additional information of oxygen percent.

I appreciate any information on what the controller can or can not do.