Froling Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 22, 2015
Newfoundland
I have the froling FHG 40 installed for 4 years now and don’t regret it for a minute. The unit has operated as it was installed flawlessly. The saving in wood ( I buy wood ) each year has already brought down the cost of the boiler to that of a locally popular brand.
I do have a design issue that is no fault of the boiler. Sometimes with all temps up, no load on the boiler my oil furnace will start up, also when furnace is in slumber the oil circ on boiler is not circulating to my storage.
I would love for someone who understands this design/equipment to come by and make the necessary changes. Then I could realize the full benifits of my boiler. This is a result of having the first install of this type in my area but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have the froling FHG 40 installed for 4 years now and don’t regret it for a minute. The unit has operated as it was installed flawlessly. The saving in wood ( I buy wood ) each year has already brought down the cost of the boiler to that of a locally popular brand.
I do have a design issue that is no fault of the boiler. Sometimes with all temps up, no load on the boiler my oil furnace will start up, also when furnace is in slumber the oil circ on boiler is not circulating to my storage.
I would love for someone who understands this design/equipment to come by and make the necessary changes. Then I could realize the full benifits of my boiler. This is a result of having the first install of this type in my area but nothing ventured nothing gained.

The obvious question us who installed it and why arent they fixing it?. Unless you have a lot of details on the piping controls and sequence of operation its going to be difficult to remotely diagnose. If you want to become your own expert, this an excellent course on how to integrate biomass boilers into heating systems https://www.heatspring.com/courses/...iciency-biomass-boilers-sponsored-by-nyserda/

Reactions: GENECOP