Froling piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diptek

Oct 27, 2010
Poconos, Pa
I am currently installing my Froling 50, 170,000 BTU’s and was planning to pipe 1 ½ inch pipe to storage, same size as boiler supply and return connection. I just noticed the Temovar loading unit sent with the boiler is 1 ¼ inch. I see on Tarm’s blog that 1 ¼ is good for 160k BTU, should I keep 1 ½ pipe up to loading unit, reduce , then back to 1 ½ on other side? Will it have enough flow? Thanks in advance.
Walt

Do you have to have your boiler installed by a certified froling installer? I heard that they will not warantey the boiler if the the installer has not been trained about there boilers?

Mine is under warranty, I'm not a certified installer but I had a friend who is very knowledgeable and experienced heating professional
helping me+plus we took our time.
I am sure the Tarm guys can clarify better than me and they were excellent in assisting me.
That aside....care must be taken with all work and lots of studying and double checking.

Scott

I think it depends on who you work with regarding the warranty. The company I plan on getting my Froling though says that I can do the install and they will warranty it as long as they are there for a sign off inspection before the first burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.