Froling visualisation software

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frolingdual

Jul 27, 2015
Norfolk UK
It's probably a long shot but has anyone used this? It shows trend data on pc.

I thought it may be useful to help manage my system ( a dual fuel boiler with large buffer) . Initially froling said they would post the cd free but then changed their minds and want €387 , unless it's really helpful l think I'm going to pass.

I emailed Chris Hoskins about the software over a year ago, asking if he was knowledgeable or had sold it, as it would have been good way to understand how and why the boiler operates, but got no response. Software as such is really the only way you will see realtime how your boiler is responding to start-up, burn and shutdown. The chart as most do will graph 02 process value, o2 and or flue/water setpoint and controller output, possibly for primary and secondary dampers. The graph or trend chart curves will differ with each wood load, really showing you how the parameters set are controlling the process, it can be addictive! If you want to understand wood burning as to how it relates to your boiler, this is a must. Possibly you could demo the software first.

Froling offers free cloud based software for its boilers. Only an internet cable and touchscreen boiler control are required. Currently trends are not displayed graphically, but we are told that graphic and trend functionality will be available in 2016. The existing Visualization software will be clunky by comparison.

Froling offers free cloud based software for its boilers. Only an internet cable and touchscreen boiler control are required. Currently trends are not displayed graphically, but we are told that graphic and trend functionality will be available in 2016. The existing Visualization software will be clunky by comparison.

That is interesting, I didn't know that. I already have the software which I think you are referring to (Froling connect ) and it's really useful but would be great if they add trends.I think I will wait for it rather than buy.
Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.