from the new1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benben

Jan 7, 2016
Canada
hello
I have a Quadra-Fire Santafe B1.was good running all the years until 25th of December it stopped. I checked everything. Feeder motor is broken. No dealer was open up to yesterday.1 dealer had the motor, I put it in, still my stove doesn't start at all. I try everything bypass etc. I think maybe the igniter might be broken? Can I bypass the igniter for testing? My friends pellet stove shut down 1 day later with the same problem I replaced his feeder motor. he did not start up so I bypass his vacuum switch. Now, it started up and all is fine with his stove. What can I do? Does anybody have an idea, please?

Benben

My question would be did you truly need to replace feed motor? Have to find root cause ... any error messages? I think there is an in-line fuse on some of the ignitors but that may just be the upgrades. kappel15 and DMKNLD are the sources for good Quadrafire details ... either use the search box above or wait til they show up.

You should be able to run the stove without the igniter unless it has shorted other things like the board out. Have you tried manually lighting the pellets? Search on that or look in your manual. You can buy pellet starter gel or just use hand sanitizer or even a propane or map gas soldering torch.

If igniter is malfunctioning, I think it will feed pellets but they won't ignite. Auger feeding pellets now?
Have you walked your way through all the troubleshooting on page 27 of the manual?
http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/7050_128.pdf

How old is the stove? Surge protected? What has been replaced so far? What has been checked? When was the last internal exhaust cleaning?
Snap discs, vacuum hose & switch, thermocouple, check gaskets, wiring connections, thermostat?

You should be able to run the stove without the igniter unless it has shorted other things like the board out. Have you tried manually lighting the pellets? Search on that or look in your manual. You can buy pellet starter gel or just use hand sanitizer or even a propane or map gas soldering torch.
yes I was running the Stove manual since the 25.of December during the daytime.the first store have open yesterday here in Quebec Canada(the only store around 200km have parts)his tech is coming back Monday,maybe then I have some infos.

thanks

benben

Status
Not open for further replies.