Frost/ freeze warning tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
We have a warning here so i guess the growing season is over after tonight. I set the stove into auto mode and is due to fire up tonight at 11:45pm i get home around 1am so i am thinkin it will be on when i get there. I have a 62 mile commute each way to work and am now working afternoon shift (shift sucks). So it will be the official start to the heating season here in western nys

Yea, I saw that on Burlington, Vt news- Issueing a Heavy Frost Warning for tomarrow night (9-18-08)
Told wife I will fire up the Lopi tomarrow afternoon. Too soon for the OWB. (Plus it takes too long to heat up the radient floor for just a night.)

No frost warnings here yet, but it's supposed to be down into the low 40's tomorrow night (9-18-08)......wish that last &%#@! piece of pipe would get here so I can finish the install....looks like I'm gonna need it soon.

Boy, threads like these make be thankful I have a well insulated house.

With days still up in the high 60's, low 70's, with sunshine, I don't drop more than a couple of deg. on nights that drop into the high 30's . Passive solar (windows on west & south sides) are enough to recover the temp and then some.

I can usually get to the end of October before turning the heat on and its not like I live in warm climate (snow belt country of Central NY).

Wow! What a different mileage makes! LOL I was raising sand on Monday because the temperature dropped from 91 on Sunday to 70 on Monday. Who turned off the heat?!? High of 83 today. I'm still running the AC some. :p

I have a very well insulated home but when the temp goes below 30 (this will happen tonight) i don't care who you are unless you live in a cooler its time for some heat. I like to be warm and i keep the stove set to 72 degrees so i can be warm always. So when the temp drops to 30 outside then it's 60-65 in the house well thats just not warm enough for my needs, I am not getting any younger here...

Frost advisory here tonight, freeze warning for most of the state. Ran the Revolution for a few hours last Sunday to get the chill/damp off and let wifey dear get used to the sound and comfortable with the idea that it won't explode. Started getting too warm for her, finally, on the t-stat, so switched over to smartstat and let it shut itself down. Worked just like the book said it should, prob'ly find out tonight if it starts up on it's ownself like the book sez. Fingers crossed.

hossthehermit said:
Frost advisory here tonight, freeze warning for most of the state. Ran the Revolution for a few hours last Sunday to get the chill/damp off and let wifey dear get used to the sound and comfortable with the idea that it won't explode. Started getting too warm for her, finally, on the t-stat, so switched over to smartstat and let it shut itself down. Worked just like the book said it should, prob'ly find out tonight if it starts up on it's ownself like the book sez. Fingers crossed.

Ya got to love the smartstat/thermostat settings on the St Croix. I have mine on a programmable thermostat and it does just what it's advertised to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.