Frozen Combustion Motor on Whitfield WP4 Quest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuicksilverKites

Feb 18, 2010
Denver, CO
I've managed to let the combustion motor on my Whitfield Quest go without oil for so long that it froze up (actually, it can still be turned manually).
The motor is a FASCO model no.7021-8978. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement (used, rebuilt or new)?
Thanks -
Neil

If you have the time and willingness, you can just replace the bearings, or just pry the seals open a crack and inject some oil into the bearings cavity. I fixed my bathroom ceiling fan today by spraying some oil onto the motor shaft, which then dripped down into the motor interior and the speed of the fan improved from slow to fast, moving that shower steam up and out instead of allowing the bathroom to turn into a sauna.

Status
Not open for further replies.