Frustrating stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
I know free wood isn't free but this is rediculous. I picked up about a half cord of maple and oak already split. It was split so small it is very frustrating trying to stack it. If it stays up for 6 mos I'll be happy. Think I'll save the rest to put on the tops of other stacks.

Attachments

• frustrating stack.jpg
    frustrating stack.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'd add one more split to the middle of each row to add better support to your stacks.

I'd add one more split to the middle of each row to add better support to your stacks.

I will, once I find some that are small and long enough from this pile to do the job.

Holz hausen! Then you can just toss those odd pieces in the center and not worry about it.

Not a big problem there. Just stack it short. 3' should work out nicely.

Ahahaha! That looks like some of the stuff that I scrounge up. I make square Holz Hausen type piles & throw that stuff in the middle. PITA otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.