fs harman accentra driving me nuts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbtide357

Oct 15, 2012
long island new york
did a cleanout and ever since its been giving me problems first got the 5 blink no start in 36 minutes pellets were starting to over flow so scooped some out they were pretty warm so i think igniter is working finally it lit up than during the night it shut down lit right up on the restart before i left for work than sometime during the day it shut down and gave me a 6 blink code came home from work pulled all the vent pipe off and cleaned them put them all back than tried to light 5 blink again pellets were warm again as i scooped some out finally lit stove with a torch and it seems to be running right now any ideas as it getting cold on long island dont want to have to call the stove people in as moneys tight burning somersets also seems like a lot of creosote on the door and around fire pot?

I sometimes have this issue with my XXV after an intensive cleaning. Try pulling the plug and replugging it (like you would a modem) -- sometimes that's all it takes for me when I have this exact problem of the "36 minutes no light" blink after a teardown.

If you're getting a lot of creosote, this may be an airflow issue -- pics could be helpful, but I'll let people who know a lot more than me chime in.

Describe what a "clean out" is.....was it a weekly clean, or a major clean?

it was a regular cleanout maybe a little more than normal brushed out the flue was giving me a real hard time starting the pellets were getting hot just not lighting [somersets] so i thought all kinds of things blowers etc going bad any way lit her up with a torch and shes been burning nonstop for a few days now.im thinking maybe pull the igniter which is fairly new take a look maybe some crap in the fins and it a 15 fin by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.