FSU>Stove Chow this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
I'm giving the edge to Fireside Ultras over Stove Chow this year. The Chow was not bad at all, but the FSU definitely burn hotter and produce less ash in my set up, than the Chow.

Second year burning FSU and I am finding them to be producing more ash this year a lot more. Same set up. But the heat is still the same so I am happy

I used both years ago and preferred the Fireside Ultras. They are actually a softwood pellet made by Energex. They made very strange clinkers, almost like icicles hanging off the front of the burn pot, but the pellets were uniform size, burned hot and were a good value.

This year's Chows are just fine. Still need to go through 25 bags of MWP, which don't give off much heat when the temps dip below 20 degrees. MWP are just fine for should work for my Castilles. Will pick up a ton of FSU once the Chow stash get's cracked. Had good luck with them in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.