FSU

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Going to HD tomorrow to try some. I was reading a thread about some being made in PA and the other being made in Canada (canada being better) is there a quick way to tell on the bag when I get to the store. I called and they didn't know.

Going to HD tomorrow to try some. I was reading a thread about some being made in PA and the other being made in Canada (canada being better) is there a quick way to tell on the bag when I get to the store. I called and they didn't know.
Could be made by Energex American here in Pa and the Energex Candian Plant.

I know Presto logs come from Energex plant in Montreal...

Looking at the back of the bag, toward the bottom, mine say "Bag made in USA, Product of Canada". I would guess if they were made in PA, they would say Product of USA.

Typically, FSU comes from the Canadian facility and Stove Chow is from theUSA PA plant. Both are Energex products.

Pres-to-logs are a Lignetics product not Energex.

Typically, FSU comes from the Canadian facility and Stove Chow is from theUSA PA plant. Both are Energex products.

yes your correct..
those couple bags I bought at HD back in October were FSU's.. not Presto Logs..
think the FSU's said Montreal On the bag.

Last edited:

What he said.

The HD's in Manchester and Concord, NH has had FSU's all season. The Manchester store is finally out of FSU's. When I went in earlier today they were out but the truck had just come in so I waited. Turns out they are Therma Glo's, which I grabbed a few bags to try. Hoping Concord, NH has more FSUs as that is what my Hastings likes.

Londonderry, NH has 10 tons of FSUs and 5 tons of Nations Choice right now. Got 10 more bags. Hoping 4.7 tons is enough for this year.

No pellets in Concord, NH and the gal didn't offer any delivery dates (didn't ask since I can only get there on weekends).

Status
Not open for further replies.