Fuel oil on it's way up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Interesting that 2 weeks ago we had lot of post's here with Stove owners saying they we're
ditching pellets and going back to Heating or or Gas..
Well,
Hold on people cause it's all slowly going back up again...!!!
Heating Oil and gas at the pumps...
did anyone Really think it was going to stay low from now on?
Just filled my Oil tank 4 days ago and price has jumped already.
Only use it for DHW so prob good for couple yrs...
good time to fill up if your on the fence.

got 150 gal. when prices dropped below $ 3.00 a gal. but should have waited as prices kept dropping, oh well I'm good for this year and atleast next year.

Interesting that 2 weeks ago we had lot of post's here with Stove owners saying they we're
ditching pellets and going back to Heating or or Gas..
Well,
Hold on people cause it's all slowly going back up again...!!!
Heating Oil and gas at the pumps...
did anyone Really think it was going to stay low from now on?
Just filled my Oil tank 4 days ago and price has jumped already.
Only use it for DHW so prob good for couple yrs...
good time to fill up if your on the fence.
We got oil yesterday, it had gone up from the prior week from $2.18 to $2.26 a gal. We paid $283 for 125 Gals roughly. That oil is just for our tenant, we don't use any over here except maybe if it hits 0 deg and windy. Maybe not even then depending how I burn the stove..

There are labor issues at some refinery that is causing the price to go up. Meanwhile crude is back to hitting new lows. Longer term refined products still headed lower.
Yes I heard about some strikes going on.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and get my heart attack over with because the shocker of oil prices going back up is inevitable. They will go back up. This stuff happens all the time before election seasons. Right before and during. 2016 is right around the corner in the politicians eyes. They are already emerging from the shadows as to who is thinking of running for office. Then the new lying losers get their asses nestled into the seats and whammo! The prices soar again. They ALL suck! Some worse than others.

Crude hasn't moved too much. Problem is the us refinery strike.... there is always something...

Status
Not open for further replies.