Fugly wood sheds-let's see 'em!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAMMA RAY said:
raybonz said:
GAMMA RAY said:
I do not think any of these wood sheds are "fugly"...not even "ugly"....because....
it is what inside them that counts...(kinda like people)...
and the "contents" of all these sheds are beautiful.....
Kudos to all you guys and gals.... :)

That was a real tear jerker Gamma! :) How you been?

Ray

Great Ray...thanks... :)

I just posted that because I know how much hard work goes into c/s/s wood.....
So what if your wood shed is not as aesthetically pleasing as others....as long as it has good chit inside it.... :)

Yuh exactly like me it's what is inside that counts!

:)

Ray

Here's my "shed"...really more of a barn. I have about 8 cord in there now.

Attachments

• 2011-09-13_19-36-58_693.jpg
    2011-09-13_19-36-58_693.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 949
  • 2011-09-28_19-21-07_954.jpg
    2011-09-28_19-21-07_954.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 931
lukem said:

Awesome Luke!

Ray

lukem said:

Covered concrete, doest get any better!

Gary_602z said:
Thistle said:
Pic taken June 2011,shed built Summer 1982.Has seen its share of bad storms,big limb from Shagbark about 40 ft over it came down in ice storm several years back.A bit rough now,would like to tear down & rebuild it in a couple years if possible.

Does that sign say "free wood help yourself"? :lol:

Gary

:lol: Not exactlee! ;-P

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
Pic taken June 2011,shed built Summer 1982.Has seen its share of bad storms,big limb from Shagbark about 40 ft over it came down in ice storm several years back.A bit rough now,would like to tear down & rebuild it in a couple years if possible.

20 years and still useing it Awesome .......Is that rail ties? or 4x4

Almost 29 to be exact,not rail ties but plain ol' 2 x 4 whitewood (spruce or white fir) stained & weathered.Salvaged shorts of decades old corrugated galvanized barn roofing over plywood for the top.Didnt see pressure-treated southern yellow pine around here back then,only Con Heart Redwood,Western Red Cedar & untreated Douglas Fir.Too expensive for me then.Its held up well considering all its been through.If & when it gets rebuilt,gonna go with treated landscape timbers for the posts,treated 2 x 6 for the braces,galvanized roofing & treated 1/2" narrow strips of plywood for the ends & back side. A simple basic lean-to.

Great thread . . . have to say that the OP photo actually makes the woodshed look quite nice.

If we were to vote on the fugliest shed I would have to give it to the Bayou Shed . . . but that said . . . I still think the fugliest woodshed beats the neatest stack of wood any time . . . or at least when it's snowing like a banshee in middle of January and you are able to pick and choose what wood you want to burn that night without getting soaked by the snow or having to remove a foot of it off the top of the wood stack.

Here is mine .... made 100% from pallets and scraps. More of a covered stack than a "shed" but close enough to be "Fugly"

Attachments

• DSC05786w.jpg
    DSC05786w.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 730
Love these sheds! I was going to make use of some pallets to make mine but the Mrs wanted something with more eye appeal(at least to her) since it will be visible from the side deck where we spend a lot of summer/autumn time.

Welcome to Pallet Island...holds about 6 cords when stacked 6' high average

IMAG0067.jpg

Pallet Island--now THAT'S fugly! Love it! :)

fredarm said:
Pallet Island--now THAT'S fugly! Love it! :)

Thanks!! Put that thing together after my canopy rolled over in the wind and bent some parts. It is one section shorter now but perfect for pallet island. Canopy top started to leak a bit after a few years of UV and weather...so i got a new tarp for her a few weeks back.

Pallets = $0
Canopy = $0
Rope = $0 from my uncle
New Tarp = $27

New wood shed should be installed this spring when I do some renovation of that side of the house. It is the last part of my yard/house that I need to get done.

Here I thought I was gonna win the fugly award with my Bayou Shack, next thing you know along comes "Pallet Island" !!! I gotta try harder next time !!!

Shawn

Got Wood said:
Here is mine .... made 100% from pallets and scraps. More of a covered stack than a "shed" but close enough to be "Fugly"

I think you did a great job and for no money! If your wood stays dry then your shelter is a thing of beauty! Anything is better than dealing with tarps if you have wind which I get here..

Ray

CTwoodburner said:

IMAG0067.jpg

I think we have a winner here! :) The main thing is how dry is your wood? You could dress that up a bit and it wouldn't look too bad.. Perhaps some pallet sides with some sort of roofing ..

Ray

shawneyboy said:
Here I thought I was gonna win the fugly award with my Bayou Shack, next thing you know along comes "Pallet Island" !!! I gotta try harder next time !!!

Shawn

No Shawn you gotta try less next time! lol I think it's gonna be tough to beat pallet island!!

Ray

CTwoodburner said:

IMAG0067.jpg

I love the color coordination CTwoodburner....the bucket matches the shed cover...... ;-) Very nice....
I would have no problem with "Pallet Island".... :)

GAMMA RAY said:
CTwoodburner said:

I love the color coordination CTwoodburner....the bucket matches the shed cover...... ;-) Very nice....

Figures you'd notice the color coordination LOL.. You're such a fashionista!

Ray

GAMMA RAY said:
CTwoodburner said:

IMAG0067.jpg

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :cheese:

CTwoodburner said:

IMAG0067.jpg

I see you use the term "stacked" quite loosely. :p

CTwoodburner said:

IMAG0067.jpg

And we have a new winner . . . Pallet Island knocking The Bayou Woodshed out of first place. ;)

Jeez-and I thought I was going to win with some warped boards and a few mismatched pallets? CT woodburner-my hat is off to you sir!

I agree pallet island is the winner (so far),Bayou Woodshed is more a work of art IMHO with Pallet Island just plain fugly.

Jaugust124 said:
CTwoodburner said:

I see you use the term "stacked" quite loosely. :p

Well, I bring loads up in the trailer and toss it all out and then stack it from there. It depends on if the kids are helping or not. Been pretty busy with next years wood these days. I have a pretty bad back for a 40 yr old and I sometimes do things to minimize back issues at the time, depending on how I feel.

As for Pallet Island, the wife hates it BUT let it be known that it is TEMPORARY! 4 or 5 years temporary but that is another story. I'll take the crown for now unless something else comes along to push me into second place. Not sure if i should show the wife this thread or not??

Guess I'll have to really show off once i build the new one...

PS - Just finished my IPE deck to help the wife with her Pallet Island Syndrome. Out the slider on to the IPE and into the hot tub...for the WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.