Full house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Well half-full. This side has 3 cords of doug fir and alder mix. The other side has a cord of hardwood. There's another 2 cords of hardwood stacked out in the yard. Depending on how cold it gets I may leave it there and burn the existing hardwood in the shed this winter. It's 4 yr old seasoned locust, madrona, holly and eucalyptus.

IMAG1954web.jpg

Well.... I'll chime in..... Bragger!
I'm sure you have answered this before, but how many cords do you go thru in a year? It seems like you have quite a bit, or not, for your location?

Compared to some of the 6-10 cord stacks shown here this is just a starter. Depends on the weather but normally it takes about 2 cords to heat this old house. A cold winter could be 2.5-3 cords.

Well.... I'll chime in..... Bragger!
I'm sure you have answered this before, but how many cords do you go thru in a year? It seems like you have quite a bit, or not, for your location?
Pull up a seat son, let's tell ya a little story about gettin 3 years ahead...;)

Reactions: Lakeside
You can never have too much fire wood or hay in the barn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D8Chumley
Your 3 years ahead are likely very different from begreen's... just looking at your location!
True, I burn around 4.5-5 cord a year. But before I found this place I was cutting and splitting and trying to burn it then haha! Now I know better, I have around 20 cord c/s/s and didn't burn a drop of oil last season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.