Full refurb of older Model 25-PDVC, 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

niveker

Jan 12, 2015
MA
Hi all, I have been reading here over the last few days and have learned quite a bit concerning the above mentioned stove. I picked this one up for free, short story: guy replaced convection blower at beginning of last winter (2013) and the combustion blower went a few days later, so he went our an bought a new pellet stove and let this on sit in his basement until a few weeks ago, when he let me have it. If I can get it running I would like to put it in the finished basement (I have a wood burning stove in the first floor of my cape).

So far, I have cleaned up the combustion blower, and got it running, but it makes a terrible squealing and is the motor does not run evenly, so that should definitely be replaced. Convection blower is working when the sensor is heated with a torch, both augurs turn: the top one intermittently and the bottom one constantly.

My big question is, I have removed the tube for the pressure switch (which was disintegrating), and the stove runs. Should the combustion blower and augurs run if the pressure switch is disconnected? Is there a way to test the pressure switch for proper functioning?

Also, I figure I'll do a full maintain on it, as recommended by the ESW site. I have downloaded the manual and will follow that. Any special areas I should be aware of? Do any of you pros with more experience have additional sources of documents for this type of job?

My plan is to go through the stove to be sure all is working and in order, and then fire it up (temporarily, somehow) without a full exhaust set up to be sure all is working. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.