Hi This looks like a place where I might get some help. I sure hope so. We haave a HearthStone Sante Fe Gas stove. We converted to gas from electric to get better energy efficiency and have heat when the power goes out (OFTEN!!). It's been great, that way. But....we had the direct vebt fairly close to 2 windows and ubder the eaves. Fumes were getting in the soffits and windows, so we now have a long chimney pipe up through the roof. Better? Not quite. When we open the front door, the smell of fumes is still very evident. That means they are "dropping down" over the house, I think, and probably coming in the upstairs windows. The extension outside on the roof is about 2 feet long and does not go higher than the top of the roof. The stove itself sometimes seems to give off a bit of an odor. The glass is all fogged and there is some white powdery-looking stuff around the edge of the door. Leaky gasket? I am very sensitive to chemicals and wirry that this system just isn't going to work- I seem to get sicker every winter, but we had hoped moving the flue would help. I don't know any alternative to this system that would be electricity-free except solar, which needs...um...sun. Big deficit of that commodity here in the winter! BTW, we also have a smaller Jotul upstairs in a studio. Although the vent is between 2 windows, I don't think we've ever had a problem with that one. It's at the back of the house-not under the eaves. Thanks so much for any en-lighten-ment you can provide.