1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fun with the woodhauler

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Badfish740, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Took a little ride today-hunting season is over and Spring is in the air-time for a little 'wheeling :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I can't wait to get my '49 Willys wagon finished. I'm building it with this kind of activity in mind. Not that hardcore, break-chit-every-time-you-go-out wheeling, but just some fire road/logging road wheelin' with my kiddos.....even the wife enjoys off-roadin'......
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I can't wait. its been months since I was on the trails. Beautiful country. Do you always let him drive?;lol
  4. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Nice. Yeah I got over the "hardcore break stuff wheeling" when I was in my late teens/early 20s. Now I'm just out for a nice ride off the beaten path. My wife has one of these:

[​IMG]

For a Kia it's a pretty capable little vehicle-real body on frame SUV construction (not unibody), 260 HP/260FT-LB V6, tows 5,000lbs, has 4WDHI and 4WDLO (not AWD you can't control), and will seat seven. I just need to figure out how to get some bigger tires under it. Stock size is 245/70/17s but I think I can do 265/75/17s with wheel spacers which will allow me to run something more aggressive. This way the kiddos can see the backcountry in relative comfort ;)
    Backwoods Savage, tfdchief and ScotO like this.
  5. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Oh man, that looks like it's gonna hurt comin' off that rock and smack the underside. My Wife would love to go muddin' with my truck, but can't chance it breaking