Funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow
Didn't hear about the wind storm your area.
Nice way to make the Free firewood ad, :)

Hah! It reminds me of CT after Sandy. The town was begging people to come to the town yard and haul wood away.

I'll be Wisconsin has that all over too after seeing some of those storms on radar. They had to be packed with wind.

Well, I was about to say how surprising it is that none of the trees on my property fell. But then, last night we had yet another windstorm! And a huge basswood tree fell. I hear it's crappy firewood, but since I'm going to have to cut it up anyways, I guess I might as well split it, stack it, and eventually burn it!

It will burn. It just won't burn for a very long time. Great stuff to use early in the fall when you only want a quick and short fire to take the chill off. If you care to make some, it also makes for excellent kindling wood. If you would like to whittle, you have the right wood there for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.