Furnace Cement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
I have a crack in my All Nighter (Classic rear weld crack). A small amount should do it. Is Rutland Furnace Cement good to use? HD sells a 10.3 oz tube for about 4 bucks, which should be plenty for my needs. Is this stuff any good or find another brand?

I have a crack in my All Nighter (Classic rear weld crack). A small amount should do it. Is Rutland Furnace Cement good to use? HD sells a 10.3 oz tube for about 4 bucks, which should be plenty for my needs. Is this stuff any good or find another brand?
It is going to crack and fall out very quickly. Like probably after one fire. The only real way to fix it is to have it welded. And even that is questionable that metal has been fatigued and welds may not hold but worth a try if you really like the stove

Reactions: Wisneaky
Status
Not open for further replies.