Furnace fan help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brickman

Dec 31, 2008
west central ohio
I have a us stove co. furnace m1600. Tonight the fan stopped working correctly. It just barely runs. It has a manual fan speed knob hi, med, and low. I always run it on med. I have tried changing the speeds but fan stays the same barely runnig. When I do change speeds it sounds like it wants to speed up but doesnt. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I have a us stove co. furnace m1600. Tonight the fan stopped working correctly. It just barely runs. It has a manual fan speed knob hi, med, and low. I always run it on med. I have tried changing the speeds but fan stays the same barely runnig. When I do change speeds it sounds like it wants to speed up but doesnt. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
How hard is it to turn the fan with the power off?.

It's possible that your starting capacitor is blown. Look for the capacitor and get a number off it and go shopping for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.