Furnace insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

treegump

Sep 25, 2008
Central, IN
I have seen where charmaster makes a wood/gas furnace and the charmaster II has a fireplace front for appearance, but I am wondering if there are any fireplace inserts that are burn wood and gas that I can replace my furnace with. I have a 1074 sf house, one story, 2 bed, 1 bath with a fireplace with a clean chimney. I have some firewood available to burn, but I'm gone so much that I don't want to rely solely on a woodstove. I have a gas furnace now, but if there is a reasonably priced gas/wood furnace or gas furnace - and it is preferably an insert, but would take a look at stoves - I'd rather do that. (My gas furnace is old and with Indiana weather where it could be 5 degrees or 55 degrees in the same day, I really don't want my furnace to quit on me).

Any information, experience, useful opinions, or leads, are appreciated! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.