1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Furnace or Stove, what's the difference?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by justdeb, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justdeb

justdeb New Member

Loc:
    Northeast CT
    So maybe I want a furnace instead of a stove anyhow. But then I'd have to put in ductwork for the blowers etc. Maybe I should move south?

Deb

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hoverfly

hoverfly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Not much of a difference, the main difference is the blower in a furnace is designed to handle the resistance that the duct work has, and they don't look nice in your living space. Now there is one form Fahrenheit Technologies that is universal and it looks nice any where but it's not like a St crox.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    My thought is that solid fuel furnaces and boilers are for those who are a bit more serious about their heating....replacing as much as possible, especially when a house has a poor layout for a space heater.

But, if the layout is OK, I think most people will save more money with a good space heater.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.