Furnace or Stove, what's the difference?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justdeb

Jul 18, 2008
Northeast CT
So maybe I want a furnace instead of a stove anyhow. But then I'd have to put in ductwork for the blowers etc. Maybe I should move south?

Deb

Not much of a difference, the main difference is the blower in a furnace is designed to handle the resistance that the duct work has, and they don't look nice in your living space. Now there is one form Fahrenheit Technologies that is universal and it looks nice any where but it's not like a St crox.

My thought is that solid fuel furnaces and boilers are for those who are a bit more serious about their heating....replacing as much as possible, especially when a house has a poor layout for a space heater.

But, if the layout is OK, I think most people will save more money with a good space heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.