Furnaces to require ECM motors in July.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I've wished I could find an ecm motor for my wood burning insert. The blower is always on and even though it's, as I recall, around 70 watts or so on high, the infinitely variable speed would also be nice.

I just installed an ECM in my HVAC air handler. Its a little noisier than I'd like but I also upgraded to metal ductwork which is notorious for transmitting noise. I do known that the power consumption is low though -- measured it last night @ about 1.3 amps at 120 VAC so roughly 150 w.

@velvetfoot you might check out Mars ECM. I believe they make ECMs in smaller sizes. https://www.marsdelivers.com/products/26/ECM/

Reactions: velvetfoot