Fuse in XXV Auto Ignition Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

localbulldog

Dec 15, 2007
Eastern MA
All of a sudden no power to the XXV. I looked for loose wires - none. Evidently there is a 6A 250V fuse inside the control and it was burned out. Anyone have this happen ?

Thanks in advance

My XXV has been in use less than a full season, without any problems. But if you have to go to your dealer and find out the cause, please post the answer. I guarantee I'll be at least one interested reader. (The Owners Manual doesn't seem to have any info on your problem.)

I find it absurd that after 52 posts no one has ever heard of this. I guess pellet prices, the longest pellet and other bs is more important - incredible. Is there a technical section that I'm unaware of ?

well, its tough to troubleshoot an electrical issue on the BB. A blown fuse? Could be a bad connection in the stove, a circuitboard issue, a bad fuse, BUT could also be a house wiring issue, power spike, etc. Not an "issue" thats common or one Im aware of. I guess I'd suggest getting another fuse and replacing it....see if it happens again. If its a stove issue, and the thing blows right away again, Id get the dealer out there for warrantee work. If its intermittent, and doesnt happen right away, like I think you'll see, its most likely NOT the stove but a power issue, and thats NOT covered under warrantee. Thats your problem to solve....dont expect the dealer to troubleshoot home wiring or power supply issues. Good luck.

When a fuse blows there is a serious problem. The first thing is to contact your dealer.

Was the stove running, in start up or cool down as the fuse blew?
Is the stove on a surge protector?
Check your power cord make sure it is not fraid, pinched or cut somehow.

Eric

localbulldog said:
All of a sudden no power to the XXV. I looked for loose wires - none. Evidently there is a 6A 250V fuse inside the control and it was burned out. Anyone have this happen ?

Thanks in advance

you mention the fuse was burnt out...did you replace it?
Is the stove running again?

Do you have your stove on a power strip or UPS to protect the board?

I'm a XXV owner as well. Been running since January. I agree with lousy, replace the fuse and fire it up. Maybe put the stove on a surge protector as well. What happens? Does it blow again?

If so, call the dealer and get him out there. I got a fair amount of hands-on, but I would let the dealer handle something like this.

Harman XXV

Its fixed. If it happens to you and you want to know what it is pm me, it was an easy fix. Otherwise - thanks for all the guesses and the unhelp.

localbulldog said:
Its fixed. If it happens to you and you want to know what it is pm me, it was an easy fix. Otherwise - thanks for all the guesses and the unhelp.

Nah....dont really care.....

See, I wouldn't go on this site expecting someone to fix an electrical problem on my stove. I'd call my dealer. However, in your case you've probably worn out your welcome.

localbulldog said:

YOUR WELCOME :roll:

localbulldog said:
I didn't ask for someone to solve my problem, I asked if someone had this happen before - plain and simple.

NO

Status
Not open for further replies.