Future Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The last time I worked back here I was milling (forgot some boards with a 8 or 9 footer that needs milling) we have a bunch of Cherry with some Red Maple I should get this fall.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6197.JPG
    100_6197.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_6198.JPG
    100_6198.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_6199.JPG
    100_6199.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_6201.JPG
    100_6201.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_6202.JPG
    100_6202.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 97
Love the cherry. I get mostly Locust and Cherry, nice contrast. It must be great to mill your own.

Reactions: zap
Great pics.
Looks like Fall has arrived in full swing.
When is your first snow , normally ?

Albert1029, we usually burn just over three cord of cherry per that mother nature puts on the ground or tops off.

Bogydave, I would guess the third week of November for our first good snowfall.

zap

Funny, I saw the small wood mills at the fair a couple of weeks ago. It would be a nice thing to have along with an ample supply of dead standing and mother natures victims.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Some good cutting there zap. Have you heard of any cold snap on the way? We're still warm and not even having a fire in the stove for several days.

Some good cutting there zap. Have you heard of any cold snap on the way? We're still warm and not even having a fire in the stove for several days.
Oct 21
11.png

54°
45°
Few Showers
Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
WSW at 11 mph
Details

Mon Oct 22

32.png

56°
44°
Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
WSW at 9 mph
Details

Tue Oct 23

26.png

57°
41°
Cloudy
Chance of rain:
20%
Wind:
W at 6 mph
Details

Wed Oct 24

30.png

56°
45°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain:
20%
Wind:
NW at 6 mph
Details

Thu Oct 25

11.png

56°
45°
Few Showers
Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
WSW at 6 mph
Details

Fri Oct 26

39.png

61°
41°
Scattered Showers
Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
SW at 8 mph
Details

Sat Oct 27

32.png

57°
35°
Sunny
Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
W at 8 mph
Details

Nothing yet.
zap

This might be one of those years when the cold hits suddenly but then again, things might not come together until some time in December. We'll wait and see.

Same this way Sav, we did push some pine in tonight. I'm looking to grab two or three more loads of Ironwood this weekend then start on some Cherry. I'm thinkng the Cherry I cut this fall will go in a big pile then stacked in the same area we are burning out of this year next spring.

Looking for 2-3 cord.

zap

Love the cherry. I get mostly Locust and Cherry, nice contrast. It must be great to mill your own.
I have only milled Hemlock and White Pine, looking forward to the Cherry.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.