FWIW, Underground Storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Northern WI
I just heard of an interesting option for placement of a storage tank. The boiler dealer described on of his customers having his storage tank well foamed with closed cell foam and then buried it underground as he did not have space for the additional storage space above ground. I do not know the drawbacks to this installation but if in a pinch for space…..

I am not sure how the delta T will effect storage losses as the foam will be exposed to 50-55* temps underground year round.

I will not be doing this as the Garn storage is included, but found the idea unique to my short experience curve and thought I would mention it in case others have not heard of it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.