FYI Easy Heats $175 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackdog

Oct 27, 2008
Ohio
I see there are a few people on here in Northeast Ohio. Don't know exactly where you are but a new Rural King just opened in Elyria. Today tomorrow and Sunday they have Easy Heat pellets for $3.50 a bag, $175 a ton. Never used these pellets but it is an Ohio company and for that price these will be our spring and fall pellets if they don't burn really hot in our stove. It's a grand opening sale. We went today and they are out already but let us buy them and will call when the next shipment comes in which they thought would be 2 weeks or less.

I was just told this yesterday. If I didnt have 9 ton already, I would buy some more. Currently have 2 ton of Easy Heats. Seem to be a descent pellet. Based on the couple bags I burned at the end of last season. There is also a place called C & C in Oberlin. I gave them the contact info for Easy Heat and they sell them now also. They are on Rt. 20. About $200/ton there. But still a good deal.

melkyleb2002 said:
I see there are a few people on here in Northeast Ohio. Don't know exactly where you are but a new Rural King just opened in Elyria. Today tomorrow and Sunday they have Easy Heat pellets for $3.50 a bag, $175 a ton. Never used these pellets but it is an Ohio company and for that price these will be our spring and fall pellets if they don't burn really hot in our stove. It's a grand opening sale. We went today and they are out already but let us buy them and will call when the next shipment comes in which they thought would be 2 weeks or less.

What brand do you normally burn? And where do you get them? Being in Ohio, we are pretty limited to selection. I have burned
American Wood Fibers
Pro Pellet
Somersets
Lignetics Presto Logs
Lignetics Green Label
Tidy Timber
Easy Heats
Greenways (bought in Pa while out of town)
Penningtons Nature "Junk"
There may be one more. But its a limited market. Capell's in Eylira is getting ready to sell or close its doors. I still have to call and see if they have any Sales.

So far the Somersets have been my all time favorite. Always available at Menards or a Hardware store in Wellington. After that the Presto Logs have been really good (for me anyways). Same heat as Somerset, but its a much darker pellet so the ash is darker and more ash in general. But for $177 at HD, I will take them all day. Pro Pellet is a great pellet also. Good heat, low ash, and can be had around the $200 mark.

Would love for a dealer or supplier to get a pellet like Okies (Spruce Pointe), Hamers, Energex, Uncle Jeds, Etc. The Pellet Gods do not shine on Ohio.

We started off with Propellets that we got from the dealer (Norwalk) when we first got the stove in Oct. 2008. They were pretty good & $200 a ton. We wanted to try others after reading all the info on this board. We tried Penningtons which burned terrible in our stove & Eco-flame from Lowes (Amherst) & I thought they were terrible too & expensive. We have burned the AWF's from TSC (Amherst & Norwalk) they burn nice but the ash they leave is jet black, not that it matters but it was messier to clean. I think we paid $220 a ton for those last year. We finally found out that Farm and Home in Wellington had Somersets & we were so excited after reading how great they are. They burn the hottest in our stove with low ash. They do store them outside but we have bought 4 tons & have not had any problems. $225 a ton this year & I think last year too. Also tried the Ozarks from Menards & didn't like them, don't remember how much they were. We have the 2 tons of Easy Heats coming from Rural King so we shall see how they are. I usually try before I buy 1 ton let alone 2 but we just decided for that price if they aren't great they will be a spring & fall pellet & then we won't buy them again if they stink. I think thats about it. I agree we don't have a huge choice around here and I get jealous when I read about the other people with their Barefoots and Okies & all that. HAha! Which Home Depot do you go to?

I go to the Amherst HD. Just left Farm and Home in Wellington. I bought my Somersets from Menards. I seen there pellets outside last week and started a thread about them. For years I thought they kept them inside. I live just south of Wellington about 5 minutes. I keep hoping that TSC in Medina or Amherst gets Hardwood Heats (re-bagged Hamers / I think) Oh well. I will continue to burn whatever burns best and for the cheapest price. The whole reason I started burning pellets was to reduce my $4,000 LP bill. Nice to see someone from the area. If you ever find a better pellet around. Shoot me a PM. I will do the same. Thanks

I'll have to try out the Presto's from HD. I will definitely let you know if i find any great deals. We always have our eyes and ears open. We live in Huron County just across the Lorain County border so sounds like we shop alot of the same places as you. We were also paying $3500-$4000 for propane and that was with the thermostat set at 68 during the day and 65 at night. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.