FYI: Harman XXV problems and dip switch settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockwell

Oct 29, 2008
Northern NJ
Going thru problems with my XXV, stove was taking far to long to ignite and augur would not pause for ignition creating a waterfall of unburned pellets into the ash pan.

Dealer gave me a new control board, I installed it and all is well as far as ignition, except now my auger or igniter will not turn off when viewing door or ash door is opened like it should. Replaced the Low Negative Pressure Switch, still no fix. For testing purposes, I then disconnected one lead to the Low Pressure Switch as this should incomplete the circuit and stop the auger, remarkably, the auger still turns! Dealer is coming by to take another look as they are amazed as well. The auger is directly controlled via the Low Pressure Switch. I dunno.

In any event, FYI for those wondering. The dip switch settings for an XXV control board with BLACK wires for the ESP Probe are (there is another board that has red wires that uses different settings) # 2, 3, 7, in the ON position, the rest go to OFF position. Again, only for boards that use BLACK wires going to ESP probe. This info comes from my dealer.

Just thought this might help others having ignition or other mysterious probs with their XXV. Check your dip switch settings.

you and Greeby seem to have the same stuff happening in regards to the feed not shutting off...
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26379/
Could you check the polarity of the outlet the stove is plugged into?
I've always bitched about the use of the vac switch to switch the neutrals of the ignitor and the feeder...
Floating neutrals can cause screwy things this being one of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.