FYI: Ingersoll-Rand 7.5 hp 80 gal Compressor "ON SALE"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
Didnt know if any of the gear heads would be interisted but is a hell of a deal.
Normally anywhere from $1700. -$2300.

I'm going to pick up two at this price so i though i would pass on the sale information.

Ingersoll-Rand 80 gal. Air Compressor, Vertical Tank, 7.5 hp, 2 Stage Pump

SALE PRICE $1529.99

Sears.com Sears item #00919260000 Mfr. model #19260

Product Overview:
Item Weight 500.0 lbs. SCFM Delivery:
SCFM Delivery At 90 psi 24.3 SCFM Tank:
Compressor Tank Capacity 80 gal. Maximum Compressor psi 175 psi Compressor Tank Pump Style Oil Lube Compressor Tank Type Vertical Motor-Engine:
Horsepower 7.5 hp Cylinder Liner Cast iron Voltage 230 volts

good compressor.lately there seems to be two grades of ingersol compressors.one grade at places like sears and TSC and another grade at places like grainger or industrial supply houses.

the latter being quite a bit quieter.look and see if you have a Quincy dealer near you.top notch and QUIET!

Actually the old "home shop" quality Ingersoll-Rand compressors are a thing of the past. The posted compressor IS the T-30 17,000 + hour pump and 32 amp BALDOR true 7.5 HP motor . If you go to Sears , TSC , Northern tools your are getting the same industrial compressors.

Attachments

• P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 406
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 402
well my step brother has the older one that he bought used and it's quiet and fast.my buddy just bought one from TSC and it sounds like it's going to explode.i told him to take it back but he says he'll wait till it actually does.gonna make a mess in the basement.

hornett22 said:
well my step brother has the older one that he bought used and it's quiet and fast.my buddy just bought one from TSC and it sounds like it's going to explode.i told him to take it back but he says he'll wait till it actually does.gonna make a mess in the basement.

What model of compressor did your buddy get from TSC . The small ones dont have the T30 pump like the bigger ones do. The old small ones didnt have a T30 pump either . So to compare one would have to know what size model compressor your talking about. obviously you couldnt compare a older IR compressor with a T30 to a IR compressor one bought and is a 3 hp single stage pump. totally different compressors. The 5 hp with the T30 is a little quiter than the 7.5 hp with the T30 1 phase units and the 7.5 hp does not sound at all like your have described. If it is then it could be an issue that needs attention to be noted with Ingersoll-Rand local dealer and support center. and were assuming he has it wired correctly with the proper electrical supply , under power supply to electrical motors is a very bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.