FYI - Tarm on Ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they're tearing it out unused, but it looks like a pretty sweet deal. You'd want to make sure you understand what components are on either sides of the unions they mention in the description. That could add up to some cash, depending.

I wish I saw that before I bought mine, but mine. I'm trying to talk my brother into it.

Nofossil if you look at the 3rd picture of the post he has one of the tarm turbulators sitin on top of the boiler. That don't sound like a bad deal and what is a Mighty Moe AllNighter?

Mighty moe was old freestanding fisher type stove - seems like a lame excuse - he is getting rid of a $10K system because someone gave him one of these?

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 361
This auction is at least the third time listed for this boiler. On the original listing he stated he needed cash for a business. Probably hurtin for cash (and doesn't want to admit) and would rather lose the Tarm. He had all the black iron and fittings that would go with it if it sold for the buy it now price, if it didn't sell he would return to store. Claimed $900.00 in hook up stuff. Also claimed it would only be listed once. Check out the page views, over a couple thousand. somebody could getr a deal if they lived nearby for pick up.

Will

I used to sell that model for about $3400 back in 1993.

I guess you could say the dollar did get weaker, eh?

Remember, I was selling these things against $1.20 a gallon oil....tough job! In the spring we would have our big sale...went like this:
10% off the boiler (regular $3400, now $3060
Free mixing valve and motorized head
Free circulator
Free shipping

Wow, what a deal. We used to take orders for about 10 units on the last day of that sale...always cool to get $50,000 worth of credit cards in a day or two (back then, 50K was a lot of money).

Status
Not open for further replies.