Galling Overly-optimistic Weather Forecasts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A.

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2013
SE PA
I guess I'm old enough to see the pattern. But whenever we have some weather where the highs don't go above freezing, you can almost count on the forecasts for the next few days after to predict highs gradually increasing, and they never pan out to the predictions.

Monday's high was in the 20's. Today was predicted to go to 36F, with each day after going higher hitting 60 on the weekend. At 1PM it hit 30 and temps have been dropping since. Was kind of counting on some warmer weather later in the week, but am sure it's not going to be nearly as warm as they're predicting for each day (and I do hope I'm wrong about that.)

But I'd rather they were more pessimistic in their predictions -- you just don't mind as much when it turns out better than they predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.