gametime!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its going to be 60 this weekend.... :( although that being said, my house will still be around 55 inside if we dont' get the fire going...

was 32ºF this morning, will be -5ºF Sat night.
Filled the wood bin by the door a short while ago .
IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0013.JPG

Again this weekend here.

Interesting that in some years I've shut down the stove in early March which is only 3 weeks away

Looks like after this weekend I won't be burning much except for late-night/early-morning. March's forecast seems to be saying that this is it for winter. At least in the daytime.

There calling for a high of 10 tomorrow with lowes in the negatives possible. Then Monday 38, the rest of the week the same. The following week in the forties, just stacked a couple weeks worth of wood in the garage and just outside the back porch. Locust for the next couple days then maple and cedar for the warmer temps.

What are those openings on the front of your wood bin?
The one on the left is a fake window. It's just a picture frame of sorts.
The one on the right is where a dog could go in and out. This was for a huge african spurred tortoise though. Basically a repurposed dog house that looks like a shed with a lift up roof. It's got cedar shakes on the roof too . Once burning season is over it gets moved off the patio. Keeps the snow/rain off the stack as long as I don't leave the roof up.

The one on the left is a fake window. It's just a picture frame of sorts.
The one on the right is where a dog could go in and out. This was for a huge african spurred tortoise though. Basically a repurposed dog house that looks like a shed with a lift up roof. It's got cedar shakes on the roof too . Once burning season is over it gets moved off the patio. Keeps the snow/rain off the stack as long as I don't leave the roof up.
I thought that was a dog door. How did an african spurred tortoise get in your doghouse? I guess filling up his house with wood would send him a message! I like when stuff is recycled like you are doing.

I thought that was a dog door. How did an african spurred tortoise get in your doghouse? I guess filling up his house with wood would send him a message! I like when stuff is recycled like you are doing.
It was built for a pet tortoise. There was a thermostat controlled pig heat mat on the left side for the tortoise to stay warm on at night or when the sun wasn't shining. They are baskers but heat on their bottom works too.

Reactions: Oldman47
It was built for a pet tortoise. There was a thermostat controlled pig heat mat on the left side for the tortoise to stay warm on at night or when the sun wasn't shining. They are baskers but heat on their bottom works too.
Oh, it was a pet. I thought he was pretty far from home up in SE Mass. ;)

I had to tap into the "good stuff"; I brought a cart load of Hedge in last night. Generally I have a hard time keeping up when the temps get into the teens but the hedge helps... I stoked it at midnight with a full load of hedge (inside temp was 70), woke up at 0720 to a good coal bed and inside temp of 74.

Threw another load of hedge in and I'll open the garage door in a bit to get some heat out there because I'll be working out there most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.