Gamma's ROTW...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Home made meatballs and marinara sauce in the crock pot.
We are doing the meatball sub thing....looks messy....but yummy...
Recipe to follow...(from laptop)
meatballsdammit.jpg

Attachments

• meatball hoagie.jpg
    meatball hoagie.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: LEES WOOD-CO
What did you do to that poor bread? o_O

Your sauce, or from a jar?
Looks good, but we're grilling tonight.

Marriage Math
Gamma: (smart+funny+great looking+good cook)=lucky Mr Gamma

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
What did you do to that poor bread? o_O

Hey....I like my rolls crusty....I brushed the rolls with EVOL with some minced garlic and threw them under the broiler...I like the broiled taste....
I used half sweet italian sausage instead of all beef and I did brown them in oven for 20 minutes before putting in crockpot...The image of balls in crock has fresh grated pecorino romano cheese on top....and I put american cheese on top as well when I popped it in the broiler...then more sauce....Home made sauce....;)

http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-crockpot-meatballs-recipe

Reactions: Thistle
Hey....I like my rolls crusty....I brushed the rolls with EVOL with some minced garlic and threw them under the broiler...I like the broiled taste....
I used half sweet italian sausage instead of all beef and I did brown them in oven for 20 minutes before putting in crockpot...The image of balls in crock has fresh grated pecorino romano cheese on top....and I put american cheese on top as well when I popped it in the broiler...then more sauce....Home made sauce....;)

http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-crockpot-meatballs-recipe

Me too. Oven on broil is kinda touchy,its great but I cant turn my back for more than a couple minutes when making garlic toast.Goes from barely warm to blackened very fast.Works great when I want various cheeses like Gruyere get all bubbly on French Onion Soup.For Italian sausage either sweet,garlic or hot I use a local variety from small southside family run Italian grocery business that sells in their shop also to all local grocery stores & Italian restaraunts.They celebrate their 100th anniversary this year,in same building.They sell several thousand pounds weekly,ship to all 50 states & overseas for local peeps who moved away & miss it.

yeah tell me about it...I put the rolls in and in 2 minutes they were TOASTY....thats ok though...that gives them some good flavor.
I don't know what the "yellow" is in the pic of the meatballs in the crock...(you could not see it in person)...must be the fat...LOL...cause I used some sausage.
I did brown them in the oven first in a pan with a rack in it so some of the grease fell out but with sausage you are gonna git some fat. We only eat red meat maybe once every 2 weeks so...I usually grill chicken, broil fish or make big salads for supper.

I know my dishes are not all perfect looking and chit...but they taste purdy good...gotta work on presentation dammit.

Next week will be a broccoli pasta dish I have made for 13 years...a lil more "healthy".....o_O

Stay tuned for next week's ROTW...;)

That looks REALLY good Gamma.
Haven't had meatballs in the pasghetti for a while. Never had a meatball hoagie. I don't mind "slightly overdone" toast, either. :rolleyes:
Made some slammon last night and had it with a nice romaine salad. Good stuff. No pics. I know, I'm fired.

Looks great!

When I get into meat ball mode it's usually 12 dozen or more at a time baked, then vac sealed then into the freezer. Then it's a quick pull together dinner for a good long while.

If find if I have meatballs done in advance, it's easier to pull out the pasta maker (or the "cranker" as my 3 year old calls it) and make good use of it.

Ever use the crock pot liners? I haven't yet, but saw a buddy do a crock pot of meatballs and just pull that plastic liner out and not have a damn thing to clean up.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.