Gap between liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dwinn

Jan 15, 2024
Texas
I had an Osburn 2000 installed and he had a horrible time getting the liner and stove connected. I had the chimmney sweep to check it and he took a picture heto where it shows a small opening where it does not connect. That is just on one side that he could get a picture. Most of time there is a good draft but at times you can not leave the door open because of smoke. Should I be concerned about this issue or is all well? Thanks

It may need an angle connector and he didn't have one on the truck. Can you post the picture that the sweep took?

No I don't have the picture but it was ½" x 1" gap.
That is not a small gap. It will absolutely cause draft issues and needs fixed

Yes, that's a serious problem. Get it fixed soon. The gap is causing the flue gases to get cooled which could increase creosote buildup in the liner.
This is what an angle adapter looks like. They come in 15 and 30º.
liner adapt elbows.png