Garden 90% planted, Pics:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but the same system could be used for peppers, eggplants, peas, beans, etc- so you could rotate without issue

Do you "prune" your tomatoes or just let them go? I don't prune mine and am wondering if this "weave" would work well? Last year I staked everything and my plants made it all the way up to eye level (about 6') and then back down to the ground again...so a lot of growth to deal with.

I end up pruning them because I plant pretty densely (very large % compost/organic matter in soil). If I didn't prune, I would not be able to get between rows when indeterminates are 8' long. By "prune" I mean- take an actual machete to whatever grows over the path.

In fact- I don't plant in straight rows, but 2 across or staggered to increase planting density- so my stakes are not laid out neatly in rows as with normal FL weave.

The stakes are in and I will weave the tomatoes today.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
In a Green house, I have to prune the suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.