Garden gate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybonfire

Feeling the Heat
Jul 6, 2012
Lancashire NW England.
Hi folks
found an old gate and slotted it between my wood stacks as a bit of a garden feature.
I think it looks quite neat so thought I would share it with you.

Attachments

• P5220035.JPG
    P5220035.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 222
  • P5250039.JPG
    P5250039.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 239
Thanks Defiant
I think so too, almost like a secret garden gate.

I really like the look of a cordwood wall.....yours looks great, Billy! Almost too nice to use it for firewood....(I said ALMOST);)

Reactions: Billybonfire
The Hoardmaster has spoken:cool:
The Hoardmaster is ready for some tuna fishing. Remember, if I come up there this summer, I'll do the cooking on the pit. I'll even bring up some applewood/hickory mix for the cooking duties......;)

Reactions: Defiant
I really like the look of a cordwood wall.....yours looks great, Billy! Almost too nice to use it for firewood....(I said ALMOST);)

Cheers Scotty
if you look carefully to the left of the gate you will see the old concrete fence posts which the wood is stacked between, got a rotation system going, when one stack is burnt, re stack with fresh splits working to the other end.
Good seasoning there in a single row. :)
Got other stacks on pallets that take twice as long.

Reactions: ScotO and Defiant
That is some serious stacking. You are definitely ready for winter!

I'm trying to guess what's green device on the lawn? A lawn sweeper?

That is some serious stacking. You are definitely ready for winter!

I'm trying to guess what's green device on the lawn? A lawn sweeper?

Hi begreen
yeah ready for winter, but hoping this warm weather we are having at the moment will stay for a while first :)
the device on the lawn is an old push mower, another of my 'garden features'.

Where, exactly, did you "find" this gate.
I hope one of your neighbors isn't missing one.!!! :p ;)
J/K, of course.
I like the look, but where does it lead?

Hi PapaDave
the gate was an old one lying around the place, not sure where it came from but found it behind a shed with a load of other junk.
Gate doesn't go anywhere, wont even open, just squashed between the fence post and stack on the right.
Behind is an old fruit orchard no longer in production but looks pretty and great for the wildlife.

Reactions: PapaDave
I built a high end garden gate like that for a customer once. Used 5/4 verticle PT boards and wrought iron hardware. It was very expensive, but very nice.

I built a high end garden gate like that for a customer once. Used 5/4 verticle PT boards and wrought iron hardware. It was very expensive, but very nice.

I will have to go into business :)

Status
Not open for further replies.