Garn and Units on massive Back order?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

Aug 29, 2008
Central MA
HI all,

I have poll for everyone who has ordered a Garn or other Unit in the past 6 months. I ordered a Garn WHS-2000 back on 7/8/08 and was told 8 to 10 weeks. I have not received it as of yet, and my Garn distributor tells me that all the manufacturers (he also reps Greenwood), not just Garn, are experiencing backorders due to demand and lack of materials (steel, refractory,etc). I ask for a ball park date/ month and they will not give me an antisipated delivery date. Is anyone else experiencing the same delays? Oh well there's alway the heating season of 2009/2010

50% down on a Garn 2000 and its MIA

Man ohh man, I couldn't do it. You guys have much more patience than I do. I ordered my EKO 40 and it was delivered less than two weeks later. I thought that was too much waiting! It would take 10 years off my life waiting as long as you guys wait. Best of luck to you! At least you're getting a great unit in the end....

Tarm Solo 40 ordered July 1 and still not here. PRobably first week of November from what the installer says he was told by Tarm

EKO 25 recieved close to two weeks after ordering. Problem is instalation is taking two more. Anyone with the corner on cloning?

I ordered mine on June 23, and it arrived at my dealer on September 12. I was also originally told 8-10 weeks, as they (GARN) do not start on production of a unit until a deposit is received. All the manufacturers are swamped with orders, and some have no hope of catching up this year. I have corresponded with my dealer and GARN during and after production of my unit, and they are working mightily to catch up with orders. Hang in there. Contact GARN directly if your dealer is pushing you off.

Captain Chaos said:
HI all,

I have poll for everyone who has ordered a Garn or other Unit in the past 6 months. I ordered a Garn WHS-2000 back on 7/8/08 and was told 8 to 10 weeks. I have not received it as of yet, and my Garn distributor tells me that all the manufacturers (he also reps Greenwood), not just Garn, are experiencing backorders due to demand and lack of materials (steel, refractory,etc). I ask for a ball park date/ month and they will not give me an antisipated delivery date. Is anyone else experiencing the same delays? Oh well there's alway the heating season of 2009/2010

50% down on a Garn 2000 and its MIA

Ordered my Econoburn 150 just barely before July 4; received it in mid-August.

Could've gotten it much, much sooner if I'd been willing to pay some extra bucks for shipping, or been duped into doing so, but am glad to say that my local Econoburn dealer, Jim Crawford, told me up front that if I was willing to wait until he had ten orders, then the factory would pay the freight from the factory to his place, and I'd only need to pay the amount from his place to mine.

Jim charged me very little to get it from his place to mine, and for his time to help me get it down into the cellar. All of the folks that I have spoken to at Econoburn have been EXCEPTTIONAL ! in their desire to be patient and helpful.

now I just need to find the time to bolt it all up- but if the day job is too busy, which it indeed is, I guess that's a blessing in this wacky world

Garn's have been running 90-110 days from the date they received your deposit from the dealer. That's important to note.

Their unit sales are up 280% over last year to date and there's still 2 months to go. As you can imagine that kind of a sales increase is tough to handle. I spoke with the sales manager there just this morning and he informed me that they have just hired another welder full time in addition to purchasing two robotic welders this year.

As for your unit, your dealer should be able to call Garn for you and get an approximate delivery date at the very least. Provided he forwarded your deposit to Garn in a timely manner I'd say that you're about due. I just took delivery of 3 WHS-2000's that were ordered in July this past week.

I just spoke to the distributor this morning, and he is telling me that Garn is waiting for one last metal part to complete my unit, however Garn will still not give him a delivery date. I would call Garn to double check this, but nobody answers the phone or returns phone calls when I leave a message. I think that Garn should have the following practice: Once they receive an order and deposit from a distributor, they send you a acknowledgment letter, stating the date they received the deposit of $7500.00, the anticipated completion and delivery date, and include with that letter all the manuals, installation instructions, dos and don't, etc, and finally if they experience any delays simply follow up with the customer in the form of a letter or Email. This would have made me feel alot better about the whole process. I would not be second guessing the distributor: Did he order the unit in a timely fashion when I gave him the deposit? Did he order the right model? Did he even place the order at all? To date I have no contract acknowledging the 50% deposit to Garn. I once lost a sum of money when I gave a, what appeared to be, a reputable building contractor a deposit for some work. He strung me along for months with excuses why he could not start, and then one day I received a letter- He was filing for bankruptcy...ouch. I didn't get a dime back from that deposit, and I guess I am having flashbacks with regards to this situation. I apologize for this post but I guess I just needed to vent...

Chris

i rodered a harman boiler june 6th - and canceled it early october. i finally gave up with harman after the 3rd promised delivery date, which was gonna be sometime in 2009. everyone is swamped with orders...we all know that. but it just sucks when you cant get an honest(or what you feel is honest) answer out of the dealer or manufacturer. i really would have liked to stay with harman, but without any kind of garuantee when i was gonna actually have it.....they could just keep giving me dates and no boiler. no fair. i now have a nice new yorker boiler sitting in my garage thanks to supplyguy.

i ordered mine early June and got it end sept. mines only a 1500...... dont know if that matters. I know when I spoke to Garn they were having issues getting steel

Solo 40 came in to NH on Monday. Picked up by installer today and hopefully into the garage on Saturday. Install next week

Status
Not open for further replies.