Garn control units

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Whiplash

Oct 28, 2012
With the new control units on the Garn boilers just wondering if it's possible to retain a coal bed day to day or is it necessary to build a fire from scratch every time.

Thanks.

Typically (depending on the wood being burned) there will be plenty of coals to rekindle. Remember that the controller shuts down based on a 10 degree differential between water temp and flue gas. Being that the flue gas is measured at the end of the 4th heat exchanger pass, that means there is still a fair amount of heat being generated in the firebox. Have not heard any complaints. I have a couple customers who do not put enough time on their old style controllers and leave half a load of wood unburned in their Garns. I wish I could talk them into the new controller.

The controller is part of the Garn. It's not like an accessory you have to buy separately. They changed from a mechanical "timer" control for the combustion fan to an electronic control a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.