GARN monitoring and control panel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim K in PA

Minister of Fire
I will hopefully be installing my GARN unit soon. It will be located about 90 feet from the house. Being somewhat A/R about controls and monitoring, I am going to have some remote monitoring and control for my unit. I have attached a crude sketch of a proposed panel that I would fabricate. At this point I plan to use an automotive type electric water temp guage, and pilot lights for the fan, pumps, alarms, etc. I think the layout is self explanatory. The emergency cut off is for power to the entire electrical side ot the unit, so all fans and pumps will be shut down if that button is depressed. It will be a remote relay/mag switch type cut off.

The system is going to ultimately serve three districts in a P/S layout.

Has anyone else done something similar?

Attachments

• Control Panel.jpg
    Control Panel.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 312
Jim - I have not gotten to planning my controls yet, but I, like you, was thinking of an automotive type temp gauge, until some people on here pointed out other things, like the PLCs (which can add some control functions), and the Azel, that are way more precise, and probably not a lot more expensive than the better-make auto gauges

see some of the discussions here:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/21482/
and look for Hot Rod's remarks on the Azel by searching

Status
Not open for further replies.