1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Garn move at last

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Como, Jan 5, 2012.

1. heaterman

heaterman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Falmouth, Michigan
    There is no issue with running them one at a time as far as the Garns themselves are concerned. It is possible however that the person(s) making that recommendation were thinking of pumping issues and flow available in the piping due to the altitude that pair are located. Air pressure at 10,000 feet is less than the altitude most of us live at and that introduces the factor of suction boiling and cavitation at a reduced water temperatures. When piping up an open or semi open system such as the Garn little things like that can make/break an installation.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DaBackBurner

DaBackBurner Member

Loc:
    UP Michigan
    AHHHHHH!!! Thank you! This was impinging on my harmony with the maul. (I'm sure someone will disrupt it again, but that's ok.)

BTW, how's the install coming along David? Any new pictures?
  3. Frozen Canuck

Frozen Canuck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North central Alberta, Canada
    Thanks, Heaterman. That is exactly what I was searching for/inquiring about, an (actual physical reason) this install would be done this way. Makes total sense.
  4. Como

Como Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado
    All covered in snow, so Monday.

The diagrams above came from Garn, no discussion took place about my altitude and judging by the speed they were sent they are stock diagrams, not specific to my project.

Martin said that people had tried it other ways but this is the way to do it.
  5. Como

Como Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
  6. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Is your snow all gone already David? Looking good.