Garn move at last

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maple1 said:
Well in that case, I'm more curious as to why they rule out running one at a time in a dual install.

There is no issue with running them one at a time as far as the Garns themselves are concerned. It is possible however that the person(s) making that recommendation were thinking of pumping issues and flow available in the piping due to the altitude that pair are located. Air pressure at 10,000 feet is less than the altitude most of us live at and that introduces the factor of suction boiling and cavitation at a reduced water temperatures. When piping up an open or semi open system such as the Garn little things like that can make/break an installation.

heaterman said:
There is no issue with running them one at a time as far as the Garns themselves are concerned. It is possible however that the person(s) making that recommendation were thinking of pumping issues and flow available in the piping due to the altitude that pair are located. Air pressure at 10,000 feet is less than the altitude most of us live at and that introduces the factor of suction boiling and cavitation at a reduced water temperatures. When piping up an open or semi open system such as the Garn little things like that can make/break an installation.

AHHHHHH!!! Thank you! This was impinging on my harmony with the maul. (I'm sure someone will disrupt it again, but that's ok.)

BTW, how's the install coming along David? Any new pictures?

Thanks, Heaterman. That is exactly what I was searching for/inquiring about, an (actual physical reason) this install would be done this way. Makes total sense.

All covered in snow, so Monday.

The diagrams above came from Garn, no discussion took place about my altitude and judging by the speed they were sent they are stock diagrams, not specific to my project.

Martin said that people had tried it other ways but this is the way to do it.

398292_2888165645968_1315002062_32327318_1632228503_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.