Garn School

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooz

Jun 27, 2008
Maine
Going to an install school, being offered by Garn for people that have ordered or bought Garn units.
Im taking my heating guy and my contractor. We are going to pour some crete mid next week. We held off incase we learn something we had not thought of....
Anyway, I will up date tomorrow night...

Sweeeeeet! I think that this is what scientology is all about. :p

I talked to a guy that attended one of these schools about 20 years ago. I think thats what he said. He said they talked about how a homeowner could raise a couple acre plot of some hybrid poplar and sustain a growth that would be enough for years of heat.

His father purchased a unit around that time and he told me that his dad is now 80 years old and still cuts wood and just loves his garn.

Garn School?

I just bought one, and hope to have it running by end of the month. Haven't heard about the school, though. Can you share details?

Me Three! I have not heard of the school, nor did I notice anything on their web site. I'll check with my dealer to see if they know anything about it. I expect that this would require a trip to MN to their facility?

Well I just got back...
Class was taught by Martin Lunde.
The class is really for, heating and plumbing guys. I was the only future Garn owner there. It was a well rounded class on installing one of these units, how to determine the size you want right down to pex sizing flat plate exchanger sizing...
Martin had a nice power point presentation with some installs he has done from residential to commercial.
Got to chat with Chris Holley my Rep. for a while over lunch to discuss some of "MY" needs. Over all I glad I went. I did have to leave a little early so I missed part of the afternoon sitting.
I will say that after seeing and hearing all this......... I CANT WAIT FOR MY GARN!!!!!!!!!

Tattooz said:
Well I just got back...
Class was taught by Martin Lunde.
The class is really for, heating and plumbing guys. I was the only future Garn owner there. It was a well rounded class on installing one of these units, how to determine the size you want right down to pex sizing flat plate exchanger sizing...
Martin had a nice power point presentation with some installs he has done from residential to commercial.
Got to chat with Chris Holley my Rep. for a while over lunch to discuss some of "MY" needs. Over all I glad I went. I did have to leave a little early so I missed part of the afternoon sitting.
I will say that after seeing and hearing all this......... I CANT WAIT FOR MY GARN!!!!!!!!!

Well thats like meeting the President, only Martin is much more knowledgeable :red:

Are they having anymore of these classes? Is or has anybody signed up for the Garn community on their website?

Garnification said:
Well thats like meeting the President, only Martin is much more knowledgeable :red:

Are they having anymore of these classes? Is or has anybody signed up for the Garn community on their website?

I agree - I would love to spend a couple of hours listening to him go over these details. Where was this class? What did it cost?

I signed up for the GARN discussion group notice on their web site, but have received nothing further since their initial acknowledgement.

Class was held in North Conway NH it was "FREE".....

Status
Not open for further replies.