Garn sediment problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference Harry! What are your supply/return temps now for A & B?

How did you circulate the vinegar?
I had boiler drains in the right place and used a sump pump in a bucket then flushed with clean water.My garn is 187* and my feed to house is 180*

Glad this worked so well for you Harry. Now I know what to do with that sump pump I have been storing along with a lot of other junk out in the pole building. Like you, I made sure I placed drains in the lines along with isolation valves and unions when I first did my install just for this purpose. When I am done heating and just supplying hot domestic water I will clean my HX just to see the difference.

Glad this worked so well for you Harry. Now I know what to do with that sump pump I have been storing along with a lot of other junk out in the pole building. Like you, I made sure I placed drains in the lines along with isolation valves and unions when I first did my install just for this purpose. When I am done heating and just supplying hot domestic water I will clean my HX just to see the difference.
I bought those washing machine hoses with the two female ends and they worked great

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and Wood Gasification, but what you might look into is a coolant filter setup for a diesel truck engine. Some of these trucks(like my ford 6.0) have serious problems with crap pluging the heat exchanges. These filters setups come with a filter head and use coolant filters from NAPA which are cheap. I think the whole thing cost me around $150 form performance machine. I think the cir. pumps would benefit from clean water especially if your water storage is an old propane tank. I think all you would have to do is install it between the supply and return side so it acts as a bypass filter. I think I am going to install one with my new boiler. I may make my own and just use the napa fliters with another type of filter head...not sure about that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.