Garnishings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnorth

Jan 25, 2008
Chestertown, MD
Is anyone out there using a Garn WHS as an add-on to an existing forced air system? I'm trying to get a rough idea of what additional equipment and parts (not included with the Garn unit) would be required. I'm not looking for an exact installation design, just the major components, so I can include them in the cost estimate. So far, I've figured the following...

Underground PEX piping
Circulation pump(s)
Water-to-air HX for air duct
Aquastat(s)

Are any major components missing from my list? Obviously there needs to be some integration with the existing controls. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

My advice is to calculate the cost of components and fittings as accurately as you can, then double it. That's always been roughly my experience.

You should have some kind of flow control mechanism (integrated into the pumps or separate). And a bunch of stuff that you won't realize you need until you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.